The Malopolska Institute of Culture takes up contemporary cultural challenges faced by the region, as well as the integration of Europe. Through our educational, advisory, analytical, and promotional activities, we help cultural sector organizations effectively use their potential. Through long-term cultural projects we encourage people from the region to actively participate in cultural life, thus we contribute to the creation of a civil society. Our activities refer to the cultural heritage of Malopolska as a capital of contemporary cultural life.
MIC’s activities include tasks for the development of its cultural propositions in the Malopolska region including, in particular:
• Implementation of new solutions for the conduct of cultural activities;
• Promotion of methods for modern culture management, including project management;
• Monitoring of cultural processes in the region;
• Professional training of the cultural sector staff;
• Support, promotion, and documentation of inventive cultural initiatives in the region;
• Creating cooperations between Malopolska cultural institutions and institutions from other regions and European countries
To execute our tasks, we cooperate with public cultural and non-governmental organizations, as well as individuals from home and abroad.
For any institution, the presence of volunteers is a guarantee for its remaining flexibility and openness to the changing needs of the outside environment. It is owing to volunteers that the institution communicates best with the outside world – in the most natural and spontaneous way.
You are welcome to join us if you are interested in:
• working in a creative team,
• participating in the making of scenarios for cultural events,
• searching for and editing information,
• working in workshops with children and adults,
• organising thematic meetings, social debates, and events connected with the cultural heritage of Malopolska.